A social media strategy is a summary of everything you plan to do and hope to achieve on social media. It guides your actions and lets you know whether you’re succeeding or failing.
It can also create multiple sources of traffic that continually bring in customers, and get your business in front of 3.78 billion people online—nearly 48% of the world’s population.
Design your social media strategy in 4 simple steps with the format given to download for free:
- Define an Overarching Goal – This means relatively brief and general statements that describe what the marketing team wants to achieve. They are more general than content standards but provide a framework into which content standards can be organized. Example: Generate awareness about warehouse spring sales through social media between Jan 1, 2021, and March 1, 2021.
- SMART Objectives – SMART is a framework for successful goal setting. It stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely. Think through each part of the framework to identify what your goals are and how you’ll measure them. Example: Achieve an average of 500 video views per week on Facebook between Jan 1 2020 and April 1, 2020, or Achieve an average of 10 retweets per week between Jan 1 2020 and April 1, 2020.
- Tactics – Tactics are a series or set of strategic methods and specific actions aimed at achieving the SMART objective. Example: Post 1 college athlete video profile per week on FB, Post 1 post with a link on FB and Twitter every day, and more.
- Measurement – The tool used to measure and analyze the performance of the marketing tactics used to achieve the objective. Example: Facebook Insights, Social media referral traffic, Google Analytics, Etc.
Download the format here to create your first 4 steps of social media strategy today and start your social media marketing to build the brand.
A few additional tips and tricks to remember to drive social media marketing:
• Be consistent as consistency helps keep your content on-brand.
• Set your posting schedule so that you Don’t post too much or too little.
• Create compelling content.
• Determine the right content mix.
• Do frequent social media audit
Use the steps and create your first strategy and start building your brand’s social media presence today.
We hope this has been helpful. Now go get planning!
Purpose Fuel is a unique digital design agency based in Canada that empowers older creators and entrepreneurs to bring their creative projects to life and refuel their drive for purpose. Our mission is to use technology and design to bring these projects to the forefront of society.